The John and Mable Ringling Legacy Society
The John and Mable Ringling Legacy Society was created in honor and memory of John and Mable Ringling whose 1936 estate gift created The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art. What is now known as The Ringling, the museum has become the State Art Museum of Florida and is home to one of the preeminent art and cultural collections in the United States. Its story begins nearly a century ago, with the circus impresario and his beloved wife's shared love for Sarasota, Italy, and art, which was generously bequeathed to the people of Florida. The John and Mable Ringling Legacy Society is a tribute to the Ringlings' vision and to all generations of benefactors who embrace their mission.
Membership in the Legacy Society is offered to all who have designated contributions to The Ringling in their estate plans. The Legacy Society boasts over 130 active members who have generously supported the museum through a planned gift. This prestigious society provides a way to recognize and thank donors throughout their lifetimes and beyond. Benefits of membership in the Legacy Society include insightful newsletters, an annual celebratory luncheon overlooking the Sarasota Bay, invitations to special events, exhibition tours, and most of all, members share and celebrate the satisfaction of knowing that The Ringling will continue to inspire the next generation of art patrons because of their generous gift.
Sponsors of The John and Mable Ringling Legacy Society enjoy wonderful opportunities to engage with current and prospective museum supporters. In addition to significant brand exposure and exclusive sponsorship of the program, sponsors are invited to co-curate a unique annual lecture/presentation on a specialized topic such as: how to build and care for your art collection, various aspects of estate planning, or other subjects in alignment with The Ringling's Associate Director of Development.
Sponsorship Benefits & Recognition Benefits
- Six (6) tickets to attend the 2020 Legacy Society Luncheon with the opportunity to give brief remarks during the event
- Co-curation of one lecture/presentation on a specialized topic in collaboration with the associate director of development
- Four (4) tickets to attend each of the 2019-2020 season VIP Member Exhibition Preview Receptions
- Special invitations to programs and events in conjunction with The Ringling's Friends of the Legacy
- Logo recognition on the two Legacy Society newsletters mailed to prospective donors biannually (approximately 6,000 households)
- Logo recognition on all print and electronic media in relation to the Legacy Society Luncheon
- Logo on the new gift and gift and estate planning website
- Logo in The Ringling Members Magazine, which reaches over 10,000 households (as applicable)
- Logo on The Ringling Sponsors webpage
- Recognized on LED screens in the John M. McKay Visitors Pavilion
- Recognized on the Annual Donor Wall in the John M. McKay Visitors Pavilion
- Listing in The Ringling Annual Review (annual report)
Information contained herein was accurate at the time of posting. The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in any examples are for illustrative purposes only. References to tax rates include federal taxes only and are subject to change. State law may further impact your individual results. Annuities are subject to regulation by the State of California. Payments under such agreements, however, are not protected or otherwise guaranteed by any government agency or the California Life and Health Insurance Guarantee Association. A charitable gift annuity is not regulated by the Oklahoma Insurance Department and is not protected by a guaranty association affiliated with the Oklahoma Insurance Department. Charitable gift annuities are not regulated by and are not under the jurisdiction of the South Dakota Division of Insurance.